Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Half n' Half With a Touch of Flower

       Its been over a week since I've done a nail post, I know...c'est tres tres terrible. Last week was a super busy week for me, so I decided to go and get a manicure done. Which of course meant I spent a week making sure my manicure lasted... thus the lack of nail design posts. To remedy this, this week's nail design is combining both the "colour blocking" technique which has become very trendy as of late in addition to a flower. So what are you waiting for read on and try it yourself!

Polishes I Used:

  • Wet n' Wild in Lilac Champagne
  • Simply Sweet (the magenta nail polish, no colour name was given on the bottle)
  • Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in White Tip
  • Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base and Top Coat
  • Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine in Lustrous (Centre of flowers
  • I also used a silver nail striper but its from the dollar store and kind of tempermental...

Now to the Design!

Step 1: Paint you rnails a solid base colour, I painted mine the unnamed magenta coloured polish.


Step 2: When your base coat has dried, paint your alternate colour (mine was Lilac Champagne) over half of your nail diagonally (if you aren't steady handed enough to do this free-handed you can get the same results by using scotch tape to create a line). psst... this is what all the trendy people are calling "colour blocking" or "color block" nails.

Step 3: Using a dotting tool dipped in white nail polish, create two dots opposite each other near the centre of the nail. Then add two more dots to make a t-shape.


Step 4: If you want a tear drop shaped flower you can drag the polish in using a toothpick, it will make a sort of cross-like shape.

Step 5: Make a black dot in the centre of the flowers. If you made your flower to be tear drop shaped you can drag this out (using the toothpick) should you desire a hint of black in the centre of your flower's petals.


Step 6: Using a silver striping tool (or a tiny paint brush dipped in silver nail polish), paint a silver line along the line where the two colours (the light and dark pink) meet each other. Now just paint a a topcoat over your design and you're all done!


 I'd love to see pictures if anyone decides to try this themselves! Also, if you want further clarification on how to use tape when "colour blocking" let me know in the comments and I'll write a tutorial post!

 

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for the comment. If you cold follow me via google friend connect that would be so great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this! I was actually considering doing a "color-blocked" mani like this today (that or a chevron print), but I got super lazy and did mint with gold glitter ombre. Easy, but still a step up from the regular mani! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Adding glitter to any manicure always makes it ten times better!

      Delete
  3. Cool.. Love the tip!
    Anywhoo, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I followed you thru GFC :)

    www.goddessindisguise.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!