Thursday, July 5, 2012

Clockwork Angel



 Rating: 4/5 

Author: Cassandra Clare

Official Goodreads Synopsis:


    When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

     Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own....

My Thoughts:


    The best way to describe reading Clockwork Angel is, like having a scoop of your favourite icecream. Clockwork Angel is full of delicious romances and chalk full of heart racing, page-turning action scenes. I simply couldn't put it down and found myself rushing back to it the moment I walked away. I wasn't sure that Clare could manage to replicate the magic she created in the Mortal Instruments series but after reading Clockwork Angel I can say that not only has Clare replicated the magic of her previous series but in my opinion with the setting in this, the Infernal Devices series, she manages to top it! Now my main problem is that I can't wait to read Clockwork Prince to see how the unpredictable romance between Tessa and Will continues!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clockwork Angel (Amazon Print)

Clockwork Angel (Amazon Kindle)

Clockwork Prince; the next book in this thrilling series:


Clockwork Prince (Amazon Kindle)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I LOVE Clockwork Angel too! And you're right, I do think it's even better than Mortal Instruments as well! You'll love Clockwork Prince too, it's awesome. Can't wait for Clockwork Princess now!!! :D

    Catherine x
    The Book Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Clockwork Prince, I already know its going to be so good!

      Delete

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!