Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fading Green Glitter

     While perusing the internet for a new, different nail art design that I hadn't tried before I came across a youtube video published by, frmheadtotoe (From Head to Toe), which showed how to do a fading effect on nails (she referred to it as the gradient effect). I've seen this technique used quite a bit in various nail art blogs and so I decided I should finally give it a try. To see frmheadtotoes's video click here.
The finished fading effect on my nails.

Nail Polishes I Used:

  • Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base and Top Coat
  • Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Hallucinate (Sparkley polish)
  • Simply Sweet (the green nail polish, no colour name was given on the bottle)
  • Sally Hansen Clear

Let's Get Started!


Step 1: Paint all of your nails with a clear polish to protect your natural nail and to add shine to the lower portion of the nail which won't be painted with the coloured polish.

Step 2: Using a translucent (not opaque) polish (I used the simply sweet green polish), paint the top three quarters of your nail making sure you have left a portion of your nail unpainted near the base;  do not paint the entire nail!

Step 3: Next paint a second coat of your coloured polish in the top portion of your first coat. Make sure you leave the lower part of the first coat of polish visible.


Step 4: Continue this pattern of painting just above the bottom of the previous coat of polish until the tip of your nail has a much darker colour than the base.


Step 5: Add Sparkles!!!!! Paint a sparkly coat of polish over the entire nail once it has dried to make the fading appear more natural and thats it, you now have a beautiful fading effect on your nails!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like something I can handle! I will give it a try! Thanks :)

    http://jleesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it out & blog about it send me a link! I'd love to see the final result!!

      -Sarah

      Delete
  2. THEY LOOK VERY NICE! WHAT A PATIENCE FOR THAT THOUGH LOL SPECIALLY WITH LEFT HAND

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!