Monday, June 11, 2012

Earthy Nails


      This design is perfect for anyone who wants to show a bit of love for the Earth, is new at doing nail designs or is in a rush but still wants a bit more oomph than plain nails. Even though its not Earth Day, I felt that I wanted to do a nail design that was inspired by our wonderful planet. I try to be very environmentally aware and incorporate simple steps that I know will I help the earth on a daily basis (like recycling). Then again, it's not like nail polish is exactly environmentally friendly... But that would be cool wouldn't it? If someone invented an environmentally friendly nail polish that was durable! Do you (guys) know of any eco-friendly nail polishes?! If so I'd love it if you told me about them in the comments below!!!! 

     Anyways if you want to try this design out for yourself simply follow the steps below; though I must watn you it is super easy!

Nail Polishes I used:
Avon Nailwear Pro Electric Green
Avon Nailwear Lagoon
Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat

Step 1: File your nails and paint them two coats of Electric Green nail polish.

Step 2: Using the Lagoon polish paint random lines across your nails (the more random the better!) And thats it, thats all there is to this Earth inspired nail design! (No just paint a top coat on to seal in your design.)

Random Designs I have on my nails:
  •  One diagonal stripe (from one corner of your nail to the other)
  •  Corner Triangles (Just paint the brush over the edge on one corner your to imitate a triangle)
  •  Vertical Line (Paint a blue line down the centre of your nail; it helps if you paint this from top to bottom)
  •  Vertical line/ Corner Triangle combo (Paint a vertical line down the centre of your nail and add a corner triangle to one side of the vertical line)





ps. If you need have any polish on the skin around your nail (like I do here), use a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Leaving a Comment; I absolutely love to hear from my readers!